Monday, November 1, 2010

Timmy at Nine Months

Timmy's got a well-baby check up coming later this month, so until then I don't know his official weight and height.  But, I do think he's getting close to 20 lbs.  He can wear some 12 month size clothing now! 
This month he's successfully passed food trials to bananas, corn, and .... wait for it ... wheat!  We are thrilled that it appears that Timmy is not allergic to wheat.  Since it is one of the top 8 allergens in the USA, I had prepared myself for him to be allergic to it.  Very pleasant surprise!
Timmy has become much more mobile this month.  He rolls all around our living room.  He spends a large portion of everyday trying to get into a crawling position from sitting ... he's just got to figure out how to swing his leg around and we'll have a crawler.  He also moves around in his crib all the time, getting stuck in corners and his blanket.  After so many months of such a still baby, I love going into his room and seeing all his crazy sleep positions.
Oh! And in the last week he's figured out how to wave.  He's not very consistent about it yet, but it's great to see.
As for speech, his favorite sound is "ba."  He babbles other sounds quite a bit, but "ba" is his standard lullaby.  He says "ma" a lot too, so of course I'm trying to encourage that!
Besides David, Timmy has had two baby playmates this month right around his age.  It's been funny to watch him, sitting solidly, surrounded by toys, watching these other babies roll all around him. 

No comments: