I am grateful for my mini-van. I know so many moms, women my age, that hate mini-vans and refuse to buy one. They buy SUVs instead to carry their growing families from place to place. (Some people need SUVs because of the number of children in the family, but that's not us.)
At some point in my life I totally agreed. Mini-vans were ugly, they were boring, they were for old people, they were clunky, they were definitely not stylish.
But I love my mini-van. I call it the "Mom-Mobile" because with my mini-van I can do just about anything that I would need to do with the boys during any given day. Extra changes of clothes and (non-perishable) food. Entertainment options - I keep a backpack in the van with various activities for David, plus there's a DVD player for long stops and trips. I can change any diaper Timmy can produce. Plus, I usually keep two strollers in there; a single for when I just have Timmy, a double for when I have both boys and I need David to stay in one place. Plus, I keep a baby sling in there in case I want to carry Timmy. I keep a first-aid kit, jumper cables, and a windbreaker in there. And the majority of this stuff is kept in stow-and-go compartments where you can't see it and it doesn't junk up the usable area.
I can haul just about anything if I lay the back row of seats down. Oh, and if we have family in town, everyone can pile into one car rather than having to take two everywhere we go.
And I don't care that it's not very stylish, though the leather seating makes me feel luxurious. I feel like, with my mini-van, I could rule the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment