Today I am grateful for two sons that play so well together.
I like this Gratitude Challenge already. It's helping me notice some small things that I just take for granted.
This morning I was rushing to get our three meals prepared and drink some coffee. I heard Timmy fussing and thought "Oh no. I'm out of time already." But as I turned around I saw that David have brought over one of Timmy's favorite toys and the boys were busy playing together.
Standing there I realized that I take this for granted. The boys play so well together I just expect it of them. I took a second, got the camera, and enjoyed a semi-quiet moment watching my boys in their special sibling bubble of understanding.
Right now though I think I need to get going because although the boys are playing quietly, the game they are playing is ... bounce the beach ball off Timmy's head. Yup. Those are my boys.
2 comments:
HAHAHAHAHA, I love your boys! That game sounds like something we would have done when we were little(Jason said something along the lines of, "What's wrong with that game? It sounds fine to me!") When summer comes around, you need to teach David what was one of our favorite games - having the little ones run back and forth in diapers while Tim and I spit watermelon seeds at them (they stick to the skin! Nobody is hurt by it!) ;) The simplest games in life are the best :)
Timmy really liked the game at first too. David was just dropping the ball on his tummy. But by the time I finished writing the post Timmy was really quiet and David was throwing the ball at his head ... sometimes it's hard to discipline situations like that. No one is actually getting hurt, but no one's really happy either...
Post a Comment