Today I am grateful that they have taken down the metal construction fence across the street.
I feel weird writing this because I know it's not a big deal, but I'm just so excited that the fence has been taken down.
The houses on the street next to us (there are no houses on the other side of our street) were still being worked on when we moved in, so a fence was put up to protect us from the construction area. The fence line has been the opposite side of our street now for about two months. But the homes are ready for occupants now; actually, I feel bad for some of the families, because they'd already started moving in and the fence hadn't been taken down yet. That's got to be a weird feeling: here's the keys to your new home, just drive through the construction fence to get to it.
I've spent the entire two months afraid that I was going to back my van into the fence as I was coming out of our driveway. I am SO glad that I don't have to worry about that anymore.
Also, it's very nice that our living room no longer overlooks a metal fence.
Odd, I know. But it doesn't make me any less grateful.
There's a cute looking park that's been trapped behind the fence since we moved in ... I think I'll have to take the boys there this afternoon to play!
2 comments:
Haha I am laughing because if you had been here two years later you would be in the absolute middle of a construction zone! To the point that Mack was at a friend's house, looked out the window and asked where the construction was!
BAHAHA! I love Mack! Yeah, I know the construction really isn't that bad, I was just terrified of that fence and my van colliding.
Post a Comment