I took David trick or treating tonight with my friends the Carmeans and their two children. Mackenzie was a monkey like David (by coincidence, not planned) and her baby brother Jack was a banana. David had a lot of fun running around. This is definitely the best weather we've had for Halloween since we moved to Minot (this is our FOURTH Halloween in Minot), so we stayed out treat or treating till David got tired. It also helped that this year I got smart and bought David a warm costume. Last year we got him a thin pumpkin costume and he ended up in his snowsuit while we trick or treated because it was so cold. The monkey costume kept him nice and warm for the hour and a half or so that we were outside.
He rode in his stroller on the way home. That's his treat bucket with him in the stroller. The cashier at the commissary gave him the bucket today since he couldn't have a piece of candy.
Speaking of David not having candy, I should tell everyone before I continue: Yes, I was planning on letting David have some candy that he is not allergic to, but while we have been out running errands the past couple of weeks a lot of the service people have wanted to give him candy and I've just said no. I don't really want him to get use to eating candy or taking food from strangers for both health and safety reasons.
The best moment for me tonight was another spouse who got David two little rubber toys, a frog and a spider, so that he could have something to play with instead of worrying about if he was allergic to the candy she was handing out. David held those two toys in his hands once we got home until he went to sleep.
Here's a video of David's laugh. It's really dark, so you can't see anything, but the first thing you hear is David laughing. He laughed like that all night long; he is such a happy kid!
After we got home I took this video of an excited David playing with his candy and with the banana that is attached to his costume.
David put the smarties on his zoo toy, which has a track that spins in circles. He's such a funny guy.
David must have had fun because by his bedtime, 8pm, he was unable to get to a standing position from a sitting one without really working hard at it. He hasn't gone to sleep this quickly in a long time. All in all a very enjoyable evening.
1 comment:
HAHAHAHAHA, I LOVE the photos and the videos! I couldn't hear the sound for some reason, but David has such joyful facial expressions, I was just as happy to watch without sound. Everytime I watch him, I laugh (in a good way, not AT him!) You are so blessed to have such a great little kiddo in your life. I ADORE his smile (one of the first pictures up there looks kind of like Tommy, and I can think of no higher compliment than that!) I check multiple times a day for your posts, and love hearing what you guys are up to and how you're doing. I miss you so much, and I am unbelievably excited to see you both at Christmas!!!!! I love you love you love you all!
Post a Comment