Saturday, October 18, 2008

California here we come!!!

So, it's official. I found out tonight that Chris got the position he wanted at Vandenberg AFB on the Central California coast (this is where we were before we moved to Minot). We will be moved to California and settled by the end of May. I'm just unbelieveably excited and proud. Chris got the job that he has always wanted and that we thought could very possibly be out of the question because of factors beyond his control.
Of course, we are happy to be going "home" - back to California where most of our families are, but really, if it had been a choice between Chris' career goals and going home, well, we would have chosen the career goal. But here it was - the great job for career progression and the perfect location to be close to family. We've barely even discussed this job as an option for fear of getting our hopes up only to have them crash. And now it's our future, definitely going to happen! I'm thrilled...
And the news even gotten better when I realized tonight that we will be arriving at Vandenberg at the same time as another family from Minot who we are very close to. It will be nice to have each other while we adjust from Minot to California.
Seriously, I don't know how I'm going to sleep. Do you think it's too early to start packing? :-)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well I'm gonna start packing! LOL

Hey Missy...Guess what?

YOUR GOING TO VANDENBERG!!! : )

Unknown said...

Missy!! I have been reading and enjoying every word you have written and every picture you have posted! I am SOOO happy for you AND Chris AND David that you get to go to Vandenberg!!! YEAH!!! You all deserve wonderful things... Big Big hugs and kisses to you all from all, and I mean ALL, of us!! (Diane, Mike, Carolyn, Tim, Katie, Linda,Mikey and Tommy!!)

Anonymous said...

well, grandpa and grandma certainly are happy! now for that little girl... :-)

Anonymous said...

i am soo excited!! you will be so much closer for everything. and you better start packing ;]