Chris took the pre-dawn flight out of Minot this morning. Lisa took him to the airport (which I very much appreciated!) He made it to Tucson, got his rental car, and is now driving south to Fort Huachuca, where he'll get his training on the system he will be operating in Iraq.
So far, so good for me. But I really don't expect any emotional stuff until after Lisa leaves on Thursday. Friday should be the first interesting day. Right now it's just hang out/vacation in Minot time with her.
Here's a couple more pictures we've taken since Lisa got here on Tuesday.
Here's Chris in his ABUs on the way to the airport at before 4am this morning (doesn't he look so awake and happy?hehehe).
This chair is actually mine from when I was David's age. I actually remember sitting in it. It's SO weird to see David sitting in it.
2 comments:
Great photos! David looks like such a little man now!
You know that I'm always here for you to call. You guys are always more than welcome to swing by SoCal when you come out West...we can do Disney with the kids! ;)
Seriously, you are all in our thoughts and prayers. I wish I still lived down the street to help you out, but you know that we are always here for you on the emotional support side!
Thanks for keeping us all informed. I'm so glad you started a blog to let me know how you're doing (and to post pictures of the world's most adorable little man). :) You're in my thoughts and prayers.
Yes, very awake and happy. haha :)
Post a Comment