I remember watching that show with Bill Cosby when I was little. Well, now I'm living it. Here's a couple of stories about David from the last week or so.
***
David was going through one of the tracks set up for him during gymnastics last week. He got to the highest part, stood up on the mat, put his hands in the air and yells, "We need to go faster, accelerando!" This comes from one of his favorite TV shows "Little Einsteins." The show incorporates a different classical music piece in every episode and uses language that is used in the writing, conducting, and playing of classical music. "Accelerando" means accelerate. Well, here's David yelling it at the top of his lungs during gymnastics class. I was definitely not the only mom laughing at him.
***
The next day David and I were walking along, holding hands and he pulled my hand so that it was closer to him and rested his cheek against it. We walked along like that for a little bit. Then he pulled his head up, looked at my hand, and kissed it. He looked at me afterwards and said "I love you Momma." What a cute little gentleman.
***
David and I went to Target on Saturday morning and David helped me pick out from party favors for his friends that are coming to his birthday party next Tuesday. He held some of the favors while I did the rest of my shopping. At one point he looks at me and tells me (about the favors), "These toys are so colorful Momma. So colorful and so pretty. I will share them."
***
On Saturday we went to a Chinese buffet and we're having a conversation with David. We were talking with David about how much we like milk. Chris likes milk. David likes soy milk. Then David looks at us both and says, "I love my penis." I started laughing so hard I had to cover my face with my napkin.
***
Yesterday we went out to dinner with our friends the Carmeans. David was sitting next to their four-year-old, Mackenzie. At one point during dinner, David pats Mackenzie on the head and says, "Mackenzie, I like your hair. It's so pretty." Then he and Mackenzie held hands. I thought Mackenzie's father, Doug, might reach across the table and take my son with him to go and have a "talk."
1 comment:
Thanks Diane! Yes, Chris and I couldn't stop laughing... Chris took a picture of me with his camera phone and there are tears of laughter running down my face. We love you too!
Post a Comment