Sunday, December 6, 2009

Horray! It's Christmastime!

Last year over the phone on Christmas morning I promised Chris that this year would be the best Christmas ever, one that would make up for the Christmas apart, one that would thank him for what he went through in Iraq.
So, this year we've decorated like none before and I've tried to be organized about gift giving like I've never been (I admit, in the past I've been a last minute shopper - not this year! I just need to get to the BX one more time and I'm done!). I've got the Christmas music out and the Christmas movies. I'm really feeling the spirit this year. It means so much to be together as a family, especially this year when David is really starting to hit the age of magic and wonder. Every morning when he wakes up and goes in our living room he just stares at our Christmas tree like it's the most beautiful thing he's ever seen.
Today we went with our friends the Carmeans to the closest beach, about 20 minutes away from our house, to get some photos of them for their Christmas cards. After Chris was done taking pictures of them, Courtney offered to take a few of us. They turned out SO cute! Thanks Courtney (or should I say "Miss Tor-tee" as David calls her).

No comments: