We finally got word today that our brand new house will be ready on Friday, August 27th. It's so nice to finally have a date and an address. We've had this just hanging over our heads for quite some time, so it's nice to finally see the end of it.
I went over to look at the house today, but the street we are going to live on is all closed off, so I wasn't able to figure out which house is ours. I'll figure it out soon though; I'm sneaky and I'm too curious to wait much longer! But in the meantime, click here to see the floor plan of the house!
I am very excited about having such a luxurious house (3 big bedrooms, 2 car garage, indoor and outdoor storage units, modern kitchen, gas fireplace, 2 bathrooms with two sinks in each), even if it's only for about a year or so ...
Speaking of which, I don't think I explicitly mentioned that in my post here about Chris' new job, but the new job means that we are very likely moving to a new base sooner than we had anticipated. The new job is a one year job. After that it's likely that Chris will have to go to another base in order to keep forward momentum in his career, so .... while I'm excited for the new house, I'm trying to temper it. Each house we live in, to paraphrase Carrie Underwood, is our "temporary home." It's just "windows and rooms that we're passing through. It's just a stop on the way to where we're going."
It is hard to dampen my enthusiasm though. Since Chris and I have been married we've never lived in a "modern" home, nothing built after 1950 (our first home in Minot was built in 1906!). I just have to remember that this is temporary. There are pros and cons to every house we've lived in. So, I'm going to bask in the glory of a real working fireplace for a while, live it up, because it won't last for long.
1 comment:
That was the most ridiculously technical floor plan I've ever seen - I couldn't figure it out for the life of me ;) And maybe the positive side of moving so much is that you'll get to experience so many different types of houses - shapes and sizes and layouts and features, and you'll get to enjoy each one just long enough to feel great about it and then you get to do it all over again (kind of like meeting new friends!) And you'll miss some of them when you go, but if they aren't so great (ahem, some certain houses and people in Minot, perhaps?) at least you know it isn't for forever ;) I'm so excited for you guys!
Post a Comment