Tuesday, July 13, 2010

LASIK aka I don't wear glasses anymore!!!

I should have done this a while ago, but the LASIK procedure went great! Less than 24 hours after my surgery I had better than 20/20 vision in both eyes! Later that day I was able to drive.
Recovery has been great and easy. Lots of eye drops and eye shields when I sleep so that I don't rub my eyes. The only drawback has been my vanity. My eyes have some pooled blood in them that I'm sure is displeasing for other people to look at. Also, I can't use eye makeup remover for a month after the surgery, so I've decided not to wear mascara or eye liner since I wouldn't be able to easily remove it. No eye makeup makes me feel especially under dressed when going out in public, but it's a small price to pay for such long term gains!

Chris and I - no glasses for us!!
I do have some light sensitivity, so I can and do wear sunglasses outside. I splurged on these great polarized Ray-Bans and I love them! It's so much fun to have sunglasses as an accessory. Oh, and I can I tell you, exercising is SO much easier without having glasses to keep on my sweating face!

No comments: