Yesterday I asked David to get dressed so we could go to playgroup. He took off all his clothes and put them in his laundry hamper. Check. Then I asked him to get some underwear. Check. Then I asked him to put the underwear on. Then I went to check on Timmy. I come back and still no underwear on. I ask again ... and again. I'm about to lose my mind as I watch my naked son continue to NOT put on his underwear. I ask him one more time, with a decidedly edgey tone to my voice.
David looks at me and says, very nicely, "Please try to be patient Momma."
Well, that just about stopped my heart and I definitely held my breath for a second as I took the mental check my son had given me and readjusted my attitude.
Here's another David story, though this one isn't quite so profound...
Later, David was coloring at the dining room table. I was sitting there participating with him and holding Timmy. Timmy started to cry a little and David looks at me and says, "Timmy needs to be quiet so that I can do my work job." I kept myself from laughing out loud, but I definitely smiled as I try to explain that we have to tolerate Timmy.
No comments:
Post a Comment