Also, I've been preparing for our next trip, which starts tomorrow. I've been coordinating with the Air Force, Tricare (our medical insurance), National Jewish Medical Center, my mother-in-law, and friends here in Minot to get everything ready for this trip. We are going to spend two weeks getting a current work-up on David's health at National Jewish Medical Center. It should be a mostly outpatient, Monday through Friday, trip focusing on David's food allergies and "asthma". This will be our second trip to NJ. We were there last year at about this time.
Also, I've been dealing with snow. Now, my friends and neighbors have dealt with a lot more snow than me. While I was gone in December, Minot got a LOT of snow, more snow than I've ever seen in Minot. It was shocking to get on base and see all the snow.
My neighbors kept my driveway and sidewalks shoveled for me while I was gone, but I've been doing my own shoveling while I've been home. Boy, I've regretted my self-reliant, independent ways this past 12 days! On Tuesday I was outside, in below zero weather, shoveling snow four times, three times at my house, and once at the chapel on base. I could have gone just once, after all the snow had fallen, but there would have been so much snow that I wouldn't have been able to lift it. On the plus side, I've lost 5 pounds this week.
So, here's the snow routine. In the morning, when David is least energetic, I can shovel, while he watches cartoons, so that we can leave the house. Then while he naps in the afternoon I can do some more. Then in the evening after he goes to sleep I can do more. However, those three times are also my times to get indoor cleaning and organizing done. It's been a real challenge, especially because many of the things I've needed to get done I've had time deadlines to consider. Here are some pictures of the snow. I took them right after one of the snow storms. I need to get back out and take pictures after everything has been shoveled so you can really see how deep the snow is.
This is our house.
This is the view from my front porch. There's a street somewhere between me and my neighbors...
Chris also got what is called "hard orders" to Vandenberg. These orders mean that we are officially moving to Vandenberg and can start working with Minot and Vandenberg to make our moving arrangements.
I'll leave you with a video of David COUNTING. It has surprises me how well he counts because I've never worked with him at it. One day while we were at my in-laws he was just walking around, playing, counting to himself. I couldn't believe it. For a couple of weeks now he's been counting, but until this week he's refused to interact about counting. If I asked him to count or started counting he would say "no" in a very teasing way, but then he would go off and play with his toys and be counting under his breath. Then, while we were on video webcam with Chris earlier this week I asked David to count and he did it! Now, if I catch him at the right time, he'll count with me. I'm so proud of my boy!
1 comment:
It's official. I have now watched this video at least 20 times today. I miss baby.
Post a Comment