Wednesday, September 10, 2008

David's new doctor

David has his first visit today with his new pediatrician to create an asthma action plan for him.
I was incredibly nervous about this appointment. I wanted to make plans for David's next round of food challenges and get some new prescriptions, but I wasn't sure if the new pediatrician would be okay or bad.
We fought for so long and so hard last year to get David seen at National Jewish in Denver. It was so excruciating to watch David suffer and know that he needed help and I wasn't able to get it for him.
So, I prepared for battle today. I brought photos of David when his skin was bad. I brought tubes of old medicines that I needed refilled. I brought my "mama bear" attitude, ready to fight for my child.
And then Dr. Incredible came in the room. Within ten minutes I had the two prescriptions I needed AND a referral for David back to National Jewish for his next round of treatment. The new doctor is actually one of our neighbors, which I mentioned to him as we were getting ready to go. He welcomed me to just come over to his house if I ever had any questions, no need to make an appointment and come to the clinic.
I'm shaking with relief and gratitude. Finally.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOOOOO HOOOOO I am SO happy...I thought he seemed really awsome! I hope he can help us out the Mac! YAY FOR GOOD DOCTORS!!!

Unknown said...

That's awesome news!!!! Asthma can be a very scary thing to see. Especially in a little kid. I'm glad that they were able to see him at NJH. They're some of the best asthma people around.

When you're out in Denver, if you need a place to stay or a friendly face, give me a call... I live about 15-20 minutes away from the Hospital, and would be happy to help out in any way I can.

Alexis said...

Wow. Just WOW! I'm so glad! God is good.

Alexis said...

Oh and one more thing. You are one great mama bear! :)